Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Cluster Installation step of installing Hadoop via Cloudera Manager

The “Cluster Installation” phase of installing the Hadoop cluster didn’t have CDH 5.2 – it only showed 4.7. It had also auto-selected some of the other parcel options (Accumulo, etc.), when every other time I’ve done this installation it had by default selected “None”. The following step where it downloads and distributes the parcels seemed to hang after downloading; so when I clicked “Back”, the cluster installation restarted and I had to reselect the nodes I wanted to include in the cluster. After that, the usual default selections of CDH 5.2 and none of the other parcels showed up; and this time it seems the download, distribution and activation worked fine.


My URL looked like this, in case you’ve encountered the same thing:

/cmf/express-wizard/wizard#step=parcelInstallStep


I don’t think this something is particularly broken, but I figured I’d post this as an edge case help.





No comments:

Post a Comment