Saturday, September 13, 2014

Remote Desktop Connections to Windows machines from OSX using the MS Office RDC client

In short, the RDC client that installs as part of MS Office (version 2.1.1 in my case) doesn’t work. Instead, use use this free app MS put in the iTunes app store:


http://ift.tt/1hyWg1d


I didn’t know there was an app for OSX in the Apple AppStore. I had always used what came with MS Office. Well, the MS Office one didn’t want to work on a Windows Server 2012 machine.


It’s one of those somewhat long-standing problems with the MS Office RDC client, but I had always [sort of] gotten it to work. Here’s a thread that encapsulates what I’ve experienced (some of the proposed solutions have worked for me at one point or another, but nothing worked just now).





No comments:

Post a Comment