Tuesday, July 22, 2014

elasticsearch unassigned shard

I do not understand the intricacies of Elasticsearch, but this is one thing that may help contribute to anyone else having problems with unassigned shards of data. If you have either the “head” or “kopf” plugins installed (graphical web interface for administering an elasticsearch cluster), I had some shards showing up at the bottom of the list of nodes in a row called “unassigned”.


Quick searches didn’t yield much, but I tried to “close” the offending index. And they got integrated into the nodes for that index and the cluster health went from “yellow” to “green” and things seem happy again.


Here are a few search results I had reviewed (but they seemed more involved than I was hoping to get into):


http://ift.tt/1z07iV4


http://ift.tt/1fodT1c


When I clicked on the unassigned shards, this is some of what showed up in kopf and head plugins:

state: UNASSIGNED

primary: false

node: null

relocating_node:

null shard: 0





No comments:

Post a Comment